Nobody enjoys reading long pages of legal speak but everyone should care about privacy. We’ve added this box at the top which breaks down what follows on this page in simple easy to read terms. Got questions? Let us know in the on site chat.
- We collect data from you in order to help you use our service, and to help us improve the service we offer to you.
- If you ever have a problem, want to see the data that has been collected about you, or wish us to remove you data, let us know using the on site chat. You’ll get what you’ve asked for fast, no questions asked.
- We’ll never sell your data. Period.
- We may use your data for the purposes of providing you with the service you expect.
- We use some third party plugins and each on of them is listed below with a link to their privacy policies:
- Google Analytics used to see who visits the site, from where (using IP), for how long and which pages are viewed.
- Tawk.to used to provide the on site chat facility.
- Hotjar used to understand our users behaviour to help us create a better service for customers.
- Acuity used to provide the booking system and payment portals.
- Amazon As an Amazon Associate Melomax Live earns from qualifying purchases. This means that if you purchase a product through a link on our site, you pay the same great price at amazon, but we get a very small percentage of that sale. It really helps keep us going and we appreciate every purchase!
Hopefully you’ll see that this is all fair and actually pretty standard across most Software and Services sites nowadays. Again, please have a conversation with us in the chat if you have any concerns at all, and feel free to read the below if you really want to. Be warned it may induce temporary narcolepsy.
Who we are
Our website address is: https://melomax.live.
Your privacy is important to us. It is Melomax Live’s policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect from you across our website, http://melomax.live, and other sites we own and operate.
We only ask for personal information when we truly need it to provide a service to you. We collect it by fair and lawful means, with your knowledge and consent. We also let you know why we’re collecting it and how it will be used.
We only retain collected information for as long as necessary to provide you with your requested service. What data we store, we’ll protect within commercially acceptable means to prevent loss and theft, as well as unauthorised access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
We don’t share any personally identifying information publicly or with third-parties, except when required to by law.
Our website may link to external sites that are not operated by us. Please be aware that we have no control over the content and practices of these sites, and cannot accept responsibility or liability for their respective privacy policies.
You are free to refuse our request for your personal information, with the understanding that we may be unable to provide you with some of your desired services.
Your continued use of our website will be regarded as acceptance of our practices around privacy and personal information. If you have any questions about how we handle user data and personal information, feel free to contact us using the on-site chat.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
When you submit your contact information to us using a contact form, you agree to allow us to use your personal data to get in touch with you.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Please use the on-site chat to get in touch if you have any questions about your data or you want us to remove your data from the system completely.
This helps break up the page. We take all this seriously, but c’mon, kittens.
Awww. (sorry if you’re allergic)
Melomax Live Terms of Service
By accessing the website at http://melomax.live, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms of service, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this website are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
2. Use Licence
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on Melomax Live’s website for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a licence, not a transfer of title, and under this licence you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Melomax Live’s website;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- This licence shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Melomax Live at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this licence, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on Melomax Live’s website are provided on an ‘as is’ basis. Melomax Live makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties including, without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights.
- Further, Melomax Live does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall Melomax Live or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Melomax Live’s website, even if Melomax Live or a Melomax Live authorised representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Accuracy of materials
The materials appearing on Melomax Live’s website could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Melomax Live does not warrant that any of the materials on its website are accurate, complete or current. Melomax Live may make changes to the materials contained on its website at any time without notice. However Melomax Live does not make any commitment to update the materials.
Melomax Live has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Melomax Live of the site. Use of any such linked website is at the user’s own risk.
Melomax Live may revise these terms of service for its website at any time without notice. By using this website you are agreeing to be bound by the then current version of these terms of service.
8. Governing Law
These terms and conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of United Kingdom and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in that State or location.